What's on our Mind
This weekend brings one of our favorite holidays, Halloween! While we’ll undoubtedly be stuffing our faces with pumpkin pie French toast and our favorite candy: Reese’s peanut butter cups, we hope to sneak in one healthy meal this weekend before we end up in a sugar coma. Smitten Kitchen came to the rescue with this delightful recipe for spicy squash salad with lentils and goat cheese. We just so happen to have a plethora of squash in our kitchen from the farmer’s market and this is a great way to use it up!
- Pumpkin empanadas. A savory riff on pumpkin pie!
- Lemon Ricotta Doughnuts. Bonus: these are baked, not fried.
- Fall off the bone baby back ribs. Man do these look good.
- Spiced poached pears with warm chocolate sauce. The photos on Tartelette’s site are so beautiful, we can’t get enough of them!
- Is Candy Evil or Just Misunderstood? The NY Times answers the age old question.
- How to perfectly sauté and sear mushrooms. A primer from Salon on how to cook one of our favorite fall foods!
We always stop by the Chelsea Market when we’re in the city because it’s home to some of the best brownies we’ve ever had. Yup, we’re talking about the ones from the Fat Witch Bakery. They’re so rich and fudgy, we just can’t resist. And then we tell ourselves we’ll eat healthy tomorrow. Luckily (or for our waist lines, unfortunately) Bake or Break has posted the recipe for Fat Witch Brownies and we can’t wait to try making them ourselves!
Things we love
These illustrated recipe posters from etsy seller claudiapearson are so much fun.